Monday, August 10, 2009

First trip to the Sharonville, Ohio stamp convention

What a wonderful weekend. Who knew there could be so much stuff, in one location, just for rubber stampers (and acrylic too!) I found some great new stamp companies that I'd like to invest in as well as my favorite, Northwoods.

If you have not used a Northwoods stamps, you don't know what you are missing. Their images are beautiful and their sample boards and galleries are top notch. I really like this company as they are the friendliest, most generous people you will ever meet. If you can, take a look at their website at: http://www.northwoodsrubberstamps.com/ . They currently do not have an online store, but that will be up and running in the next month or so, so be sure to check back. I spent most of my convention budget with them and it was so worth it.

A stamp company that I'd not heard of was Inky Antics http://www.inkyantics.com/. They have some really darling, as well as humorous stamps. You can find something for any occasion with Inky Antics.

I also loved the stamp sets from Starving Artistamps http://starvingartistamps.com/index.html
If I had more money budgeted they had a funny Witch Trio stamp set that I loved.

Judikins was another booth that was a must see and a class I was able to attend. Their embossing work is amazing on the sample boards they had and in the classes they taught. I sat in a class taught by Judy Wantanabe and she demoed Mica Glaze, Diamond Glaze, braying techniques, and embossing techniques. Oh what fun I could have if I had all the craft money in the world! Judikins website is http://www.judikins.com/. Judy has some tutorial videos under the projects tab.

This was definitely the place to be to find all the stuff that I see in magazines but never can find at my LCS. I've never seen so many different colors of embossing powders, alcohol inks, micro beads, flock, flower soft etc. I was even lucky enough to pick up my first Copic markers to play with, and I was able to fill in some of my missing Tombow water color markers.

I can't wait until next year!

No comments: